FREE HEART CHECK?
“Create a clean heart, O God and renew the steadfast Spirit within me. Psalms 51:10.
- What is the state of your hearth? How often do you check your heart?
- Heart disease is one of the silent killer diseases since the beginning of this world. According to World Health Organization (WHO), heart disease is the leading cause of death in United Kindom, USA,Canada and Australia.
- In Africa, Heart disease is number one silent killer. High blood and low blood pressure, obesity and diabetes are the most common condition that increases the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Today, many diseases are traceable to heart diseases. In order to reduce the risk of heart disease and death, Dr. Gandy said: “you can’t do anything about your family history but you can control you blood pressure.” “The number one thing you can do is to check your blood pressure regularly.
- Consequently, a good number of people visit the clinic in a regular basis in order to know the state of their hearts.
- Nobody wants to die of heart attack, high blood pressure (hypertension), stroke and other heart-related diseases.
What is so special about the heart?
- The heart is the most important organ in the body system which pumps blood through the blood vessels of the circulatory system.
- It is located in the middle compartment of the chest. It beats at a resting rate close to 72 times per minute. Every heart is typically the size of the fist. [i]
- The state of the heart determines the rate of flow of the blood in the body system. The circulation of the blood to all the body parts determines the health of the body system.
- The very first thing that forms in the body during conception is the heart. And the last thing that stops is the heart.
The possible diseases of the hearts:
- Heart disease is always called silent killer. Heart disease is a word used to describe many different conditions affecting the heart.
- This condition results from a buildup of plaque on the inside of the arteries, which reduces blood flow to the heart and increases the risk of heart attack and other heart complications.
- There are many types of heart diseases. They include: Angina (chest pain), Coronary artery disease, enlarged heart(Cardiomegaly),heart attack, Irregular heart rhythm, Atrial Fibrillation Heart valve disease, sudden cardiac death, Heart muscle disease, hole in the heart especially in children, congenital heart disease, low blood sugar, hypertension, stroke, Etc.
- Often times, what causes heart disease varies among: smoking, lack of exercise, poor diet, obesity, stress, poor hygiene.
Simple symptoms include:
- Discomfort, pressure, heaviness, or pain in the chest, arm, or below the breastbone, indigestion, choking feeling, sweating, vomiting, dizziness, fainting, extreme weakness, anxiety, shortness of breath, rapid or irregular heartbeat, swelling of ankles or feet, abdomen and face, cough, rapid weight loss, limited ability to exercise, recurring lung infection, low-grade fever.
The general state of everyman’s heart
- Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9 KJV. The heart of man is not in a perfect state. It is deceitful above all things.
- It is deceptive, it can be misleading, it can be confusing, it can be misleading, it is always weak and subject to fall into temptation. The heart is sick. It is infected with greed, pride, uncontrollable, corrupted with evil thoughts.
- You can pretend to be a good person but the state of the heart will be revealed one day. It is always full of negative surprises. No man with a corrupt heart or deceitful heart can really live to meet the demands of the kingdom.
- Unless the Lord uses me, my heart does not have what it takes to live to please God. The heart is very deceitful, deceitful above all things, who can know it?
- A heart that is corrupt, a heart that is punctured because of sin can leads to death.
21. The condition of the heart determines the connection between the seen and unseen world. “Blessed are the pure in hearts for they shall see God.”Matthew 5:8.NKJV. When your hearts is pure, when your heart is clean, when your heart is free from corruption, you have the ability to see beyond.You stand to see the wonders of your life.
22. The loyalty of the heart to God guarantees divine security.“ For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of thosewhose heart is loyal to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9
- Ability to overcome the power of evil is a function of the purity of the heart.
- Only a clean heart can generate clean attributes.
- Luke 6:45KJV: “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh” Luke 6:45KJV When the heart is good and not corrupt, it produces good behaviours.
- The nature of the hearts determined the attitude of a man. Many decisions are taken in the heart.Matthew 15:19 “For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications thief, false witness, blasphemies” Matthew 15:19NKJV The heart is the storehouse of both good and evil things.
- Like an automobile, the heart is the engine of the body. “A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones” Proverbs 14:30 “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.” Proverbs15:13KJV
- The heart determines the state of your being physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. You are not physically sound, or emotionally sound, or spiritually sound or mentally sound is result of not being sound in the heart.
- How often do you check your heart?It is possible to accept the baptismal vows; it is possible to be willing to do God’s will; it is possible to show concern over a frustrated brother.
- It a certain extent, “ I want to help” I may have over one million Naira in bank account, I have all the religious qualification, and I may be in the position to help, but I cannot, and I will not, because of the state of my heart. The state of the heart is deceitful above all things.
- How often do you check your heart? Have you discovered that you can receive the word of God now, and before two minutes you forget totally as if you did not hear anything?
- What is the condition of your heart? You can have all the opportunities in the world to hear gospel messages, with a desperate willingness to live in accordance with that which you have heard, yet you still discover that you are worse than an infidel?
- David was a man after God’s own heart, a man who loved God and was even willing to fight in the course of God.
- A man who killed Goliath and destroyed the band of Philistine soldiers. He feared God to an extent that he did not want to lay hand on God’s anointed –Saul.
- David, a man after God’s own heart. How could he killUtia the Hittiewithout conscience? How could he, even with wives and concubines, yet betray a man who was loyal to him just because he needed a fresh sex badly at that moment? David who loved God so much and was ready to die for the God of heaven would not, in his right mind and sense persuade someone’s wife to give him sex without the fear of God?
- The bible says “the heart is deceitful above all things, who can know it? Have you ever trust yourself to an extent where you feel that you cannot fall into sin or deny God three times like Peter? The state of the heart is deceitful, that is what the bible says.
- Not just that David was used by the devil or he decided to stay back from war and that pulled him into an intentional or unintentional sin. Not at all! Many at times he had been spared from fighting for whatever reasons.
- He was not the only person that saw the woman taking bath. Not going to war did not mean that there were no other things to do for the progress of the kingdom. He failed to understand that he had another battle to fight for himself.
- He thought he could stand by himself. At that point in time He did not understand the corruptible nature of his being. He failed to understand that only God alone is infallible.
- The reason why some of us fall into sin is not that the devil was really attacking at the moment or it was the will of God for us to learn a lesson, or they were just lazy without doing anything at the moment but it is because we sometimes feel that we can do it without God.
- David thought that “battle with self” was over and now he can parade in the path of sin without falling?
- How often do you parade yourself in sin? How often do you chose to watch pornography and listen to demonic songs and you feel that you cannot fall.
- How often do you feel you can embrace young ladies, or young men face to face, hold their hands for a long period without being tempted? How often do you play with public fund and you feel that you have the right to do just what you think without following the divine principle?
- David thought he could just interact with Uriah’s wife and asked her some questions withoutbeing carried away, after all, he is married already?
- Little did he know that his nature, human nature was susceptible or vulnerable to sin. Little did he know that he was coming from a sinful and adulterous background.
- Little did he know that he had genes that were vulnerable to sin. Little did he know that his heart was sick, deceitful, fragile, weak, and wicked above all things.
- Little did he know that without God, he would not become what he was. He thought he was able to do all things by his power.
- Little did he know that his heart was already falling and failing. Little did he know that his eyes and hands had serious problems?
- How often do you know that your hands has problem? How often do you know that your eyes has problem? How often do you know that you legs have problem? How often do you know that you are not yet perfect even though you are a pastor, en elder, deacon deaconess and a choirmaster?
- How often do you know that God is working on you to make you what you ought to be? How often do you recognize that you are still in this corrupt world and right now the devil is after your downfall? The earlier you know these, the better for you.
- It was after David had fallen, and after he had committed the highest crime against heaven and after God had opened his eyes through Prophet Nathan, knew that he was not that he was not qualified to live.
- When he discovered that he was already on minus degrees degrees – 0o spiritually, when he discovered that he had become an agent of the devil and had shed an innocent blood, when he discovered that even though he was still a king, yet he was far away from God, He declared his assets immediately. “I was sharpened in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.” Psalms 51:5
- When last did you declared your assets before God? When last did you discover that you have nothing that you are only surviving on the grace of God?
- When last did you feel sorry over your proud attitudes and attributes? Sometimes, it is appropriate to go back to history and trace to know who you really are.
- As for David, not that he was a bastard. But he understood that He was a product of sinful nature. He was a product of incest. His nature was sinful and in sin his mother conceived him.
- Genesis 38 is a story that cannot be told in the public. Judah, unfortunately slept with his daughter in-law, thinking that he was sleeping with a prostitute. Two children (Perez and Zerah) were born to him from Tamar who was the official wife of his late son, Er.
- From the Lineage of Perez came Boaz who married Ruth, the daughter in-law of Noami. She gave birth to Obed who was the father of Jesse, the father of David. Ruth 4:18-22. David had a very bad record and indeed he had a sinful nature. He recognized it and pleaded with God to change such a nature of sin.
- David’s heart was built from incest, adultery, fornication, greediness, and all manner of sin that were relevant at that time. He was involved in all these, and he recognized that only until God come to his aid he will not be able to recover from such sinful panorama.
- How often do you check your heart? Have you come to the knowledge that what is happening around you today is a function of your corrupt nature? Could your problem be a heart problem like David?
- Only God and David knew that David, though a king had a heart problem.
- Friends, only God has what it takes to change the heart. Only God has what it takes to restore the damage heart. Only God alone can change the deceitfulness of the heart. No hospital in the whole world can restore the heart or healed the heart from it deceitfulness. Only God and God alone.
- What is the state of your heart? Are you like David? Do you have problem with anger, pride, malice, fornication, adultery, drunkenness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, greediness, rebellion, faction, and all manner of envy?
- In 2 Timothy 3:1-5,7 Paul says: But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power. …aalways learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth”NIV These are the matters of the heart.
- Are you desperate for a new heart?
65. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 (Modern English Version (MEV)
- God needs to work in your heart. You need a heart – check. You need a heart surgery even now before you destroy yourself. Only God alone can give you a perfect heart- surgery.
- No doctor in the entire universe can successfully operate your heart and restore you back to your real nature.
- Friends, no general or private hospital (home or abroad) that can successfully transplant a new and a perfect heart in you. A heart that is free from anger, pride, malice, fornication, adultery, drunkenness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, greediness, rebellion, faction, and all manner of envy.
- Only God and God alone can do the job. Only God who created the heart can restore the heart.
- in Babcock University, there is a clinic inside Babcock University Teaching Hospital, Tristate Heart and vascular Centre, just after Accident & Emergency Centre.
- The very first day I visited this clinic was during the summer holiday with Pastor Debo to pray for a patient who was about going close heart surgery. And the Last day was the day we went to carry the corpse of one year child after an open heart surgery.
- This child was diagnosed of having a hole in the heart. This defect impeded the proper development of this child. Just one year old, the parent brought this child to the clinic here in Babcock.
- They deposited 2.5 million Naira for the surgery, but unfortunately, after the surgery or in the course of the surgery, the child died. 2.5million gone and the child gone, but only 30,000 was given back to the parent to prepare the burial ground and transport fare back to Lagos.
- Every day, a good numbers of people within and outside the country come to this heart clinic for heart- related challenges.
- God promise is: “… I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26 NIV
- And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: (Jeremiah 32:39 KJV)
- A new heart is like a new engine in a car. When the engine of a car is renewed it affects the sound of the car, it does not consume the oil and does not consumes money.
- When the heart is renewed, it is free from anger, pride, malice, fornication, adultery, drunkenness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, greediness, rebellion, faction, and all manner of envy.
I will give (them) hearts that recognize me as the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly. Jeremiah 24:7 New Living Translation
- Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
- When the heart is renewed, the conscience is revived. Since the heart is the centre of the entire body mechanism, it connects the entire body with new functions.
Er was the first Son of Judah. The Bible says: “And Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him.” Genesis 38:7KJV
Genealogy of David: This,
then, is the family line of Perez:Perez was the father of Hezron,Hezron the
father of Ram,Ram the father of Amminadab,Amminadab the father
of Nahshon,Nahshon the father of Salmon,Salmon the father of Boaz,Boaz the
father of Obed,Obed the father of Jesse,and Jesse the father of David.”