BEARING SPIRITUAL FRUITS
- Every famer in the farm has something in common;they all expect the fruits of his increase. No one can cultivate in his farm without expecting much fruits from his farm or garden.
- This mean that every plant planted is planted with expectation. The expectation of the farmer is that the plant may bear much fruits.
- But irrespective of the expectation of the farmer, it is not every seed planted, or tree nurtured that will bear fruits. Many plants do not likely bear fruits, because of its nature, atmospheric conditions, and the soil.
- The Fruitfulness or fruitlessness of any plant is the response of such plant to his owner.
- If any plant does not bear fruits, such plant does not meet the expectation of that farmer.
- It is either the famer cuts such a tree off, or leaves some time for the plant, while he dicks around and fertilizes the plant.
- Jesus told a parable of the fig tree to teach a heavenly, and to draw the attention of the people to the things of the kingdom.
- Jesus brought a parable: Luke 13:6-9) “A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. “Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, ‘Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?’ “But he answered and said to him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. ‘And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'” (NKJV)
- A certain man choose, or decided to buy a plot of land, clear it, set fire, and removed the thumbs and till the soil.
- He waited for a period of time for the first rain to fall, and as soon as the rain fell, he decided to plant no other plant but fig. In the midst of all other plants, he choose fig seed and planted the seed.
- The tree grew and he took responsibility to employ a gardener to take care 0f his fig. He went on to pay the garden to maintain the fig tree.
- For about three years, he expected fruit from the fig tree. He had been coming to the site virtually every day to seek for the fruits of that fig, may be for consumption, for sell and for replanting, or manufacturing of fig juice or meal. This farmer expected so much from the fig, but to his own amazement, the fig tree did not give him even a single fruit. Not that it was not yet time, but the fig did not just produce any fruit.
- The man, who had expected so much from the fig, was disappointed; he resolved in his heart to cut down the fig, perhaps, he will use the ground for something else that will certainly give him some fruits.
- The man was desperate to terminate the life of that fig, since the fig was not able to meet his demands. Perhaps, he may use the ground for something else.
- But the garden, stepped in and pleaded on behalf of the fig, he said: (Luke 13:8-9) ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. ‘And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'” (NKJV)
- The Owner of the land accepted the plea, and gave the fig tree an extra year. After one year he would come back, if the fig bears fruit fine, if not, he will cut down.
- What do you think, if the owner of the land comes back and seeing that the fig tree is blossom and yet bears no fruit, what would the owner of the land do? He will cut it down, and burn that fig tree in totality. And he will use the ground for something else.
- The parable of the fig tree is a parable that has so many lessons to us.
- The owner of the land God, the gardener is our Lord Jesus Christ, that fig tree that is barren was first considered as Israel as a nation. The children of Israel were planted in the world as a fig tree in the farm or garden.
- God raised a nation Israel for a purpose that would benefit the whole world. God intended that Israel would become a kingdom of priest, a holy nation, and peculiar people in word and action, that Israel will stand for the truth and take the truth to the heathen nations, that through this light which God has given them, the whole world would be lighted with the heavenly light.
- That many who were in darkness would come the where light was beaming.
- God did to Israel what a farmer would do to his crops. It was not the will of God that the children of Israel will stay in the land of slavery forever. It pleased God to fight battle and defeated their enemies even when theyhad sinned.
- But so unfortunately, this same people that God had sent messenger to warn them were the ones who killed the prophets.
- The people rejected God’s offer and cherished the wicked ways of the devil.
- It was God’s mind to draw his cotton with the children of Israel, but Jesus came in as a mediator to intercede on their behalf, while he expected a change of character and fruits of repentance.
- However, many who saw and believed the work of Jesus, repented and born fruit that was worthy of repentance.
- Many who believed in the work of the Messiah were able to bear spiritual fruits to meet the desired expectation of God.
- Bearing Spiritual fruit is God’s expectation from all whom Jesus has died for.
- God is interested in the fruitfulness of every Christian; God is calling men and women to bear much spiritual fruits.
- We are living in a time that many Christians are barren in the spirit things. Many are running to and fro only to bear fruits of the fresh. They bear fruits that are not very friendly, fruits that are thorns and thistle.
- Why is it that men of this days are no longer bearing spiritual fruits, some are not even interested in bearing spiritual fruits.
- It is either that they do not understand what it means to bear spiritual fruits and how to bear spiritual fruits.
- What does it mean to bear spiritual fruits?
- It is to bear spiritual fruits is to produce fruits that are spiritual, not mere physical fruits.
- It isto bear spiritual fruits of the spirit, to meet the purpose of God.
- It isto bear spiritual fruits is to reproduce the character of God.
- It isto bear spiritual fruits is to duplicate the kingdom lifestyle.
- Are you bearing fruits or you are not bearing fruits
- Unless a man is spiritual he cannot bear spiritual fruits. You cannot give what you do not have.
- Unless a man is under the influence and the leading of the Holy Spirit, he cannot produce spiritual fruits.
- Unless a man’s nature is changed, and converted to the nature of God, by the agency of the Holy Spirit he cannot produce the character of Christ
- What does it take to bear spiritual fruits?
- It takes total abiding in Christ
- (John 15:4) “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. (NKJV)
- (John 15:5) “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. (NKJV)
- (John 15:7) If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. (KJV)
- There is no better way to bear fruits that “to abide” to connect with the source of life.
- What are the spiritual fruits that one must bear?
- The fruits of the spirit are in contrast with the fruits of the flesh. Both are characters displayed.
|Spiritual fruits (Galatians 5:22-24) Love: love must be an attitude; love to God and love to man. If one does not love God, he cannot love his brothers. This love is better express in keeping the law of love. Obedience to God’s commandment must be an attitude (permanent). Every action and attitude of men who is professing Jesus must be propelled by the love of Jesus.No matter who is involved true love must recognize him. Love is spiritual, even as God is spiritual, love is above the earthly, it is above the physical. Love must be able to carry another brother or sister’s burden.|
|Spiritual fruits (Galatians 5:22-24)||Fruits of flesh (Galatians 5:19-21)|
|Love: love must be an attitude; love to God and love to man. If one does not love God, he cannot love his brothers. This love is better express in keeping the law of love. Obedience to God’s commandment must be an attitude (permanent). Every action and attitude of men who is professing Jesus must be propelled by the love of Jesus.No matter who is involved true love must recognize him. Love is spiritual, even as God is spiritual, love is above the earthly, it is above the physical. Love must be able to carry another brother or sister’s burden.||Adultery: is lust which is also an attitude.|
|joy, peace,longsuffering, kindness,goodness, faithfulness, gentleness,self-control.||fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, Selfishambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries,|